Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Gail is here to stay, but I'm going away.

It's been more than a year now since we saw a switcheroo in the authorship of this blog. Some of our long-time blog readers may remember Gail's predecessor, Charlie Johnson...

Early in the summer of 2009, Charlie and I launched this blog into existence. Charlie was instrumental in all of the early work. When Charlie received a temporary promotion last year and parted ways with this project, he noted, "The blog is really Brooke's baby." Too true.

Then came Gail! She joined the Research Section just a few months after the blog began, but she was originally working in a field office as a Workforce Analyst. When Charlie moved up, Gail hopped over. Gail shares our original passion and vision...and then some! I have loved working with her.

Now don't fret -- Gail's not going anywhere. Quite the opposite, in fact! You see, ol' Charlie Boy recently interviewed for and received a permanent promotion within Research, and Gail took the option to stay permanently in his place. The good news: Gail is sticking around!

Unfortunately, her permanency comes at the same time as a parting -- mine. I also recently interviewed for and received a promotion. While I'm staying in the Research Section, my new job duties will focus on occupational skills analysis.

What does that mean for the blog, and for our dear readers? Not much. I'll phase out my interaction with the blog; probably focus on supplying ideas and editing, while Gail takes over the bulk of the writing. In a few months a fresh face will appear as my replacement, and I will wave good-bye to my baby.

Meanwhile, you'll see more of the same great content. News articles, our articles, Around the State blurbs, and more. Innovative Gail will continue to explore new avenues and take the blog to new heights! So despite my departure, the blog's only going to get better from here.

And I, for one, am excited to watch it grow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't go Brooke!
- CK