Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fun names for new business & more

We loved some of the business names in this week's Around the State:

Tubby’s Treats bakery opened in Astoria. It employs two people. The Daily Astorian, 8-5-10

Woof & Wag K9 Care opened in Gresham. Gresham Outlook, 8-11-10

Sabai Café & Bar, featuring Southeast Asian cuisine, will open this fall at the Oakway Center in Eugene. Register-Guard, 8-6-10

Inerseshen Creative Media, a marketing and graphic design business in Roseburg, has expanded to a larger space and added one employee. The News-Review, 7-11-10

EnerG2, a Seattle company that makes high-tech car batteries, is converting a former warehouse in Albany into a factory. It will employ at least 35 people and is expected to begin operating by October 2011. Statesman Journal, 8-12-10

Running Bear Deli opened in Sprague River. Herald and News, 8-8-10


I'm particularly fond of the last name. My co-workers use to ask me if I am I runner, and I would always respond, "Only if I'm being chased. And really, only if I'm being chased by a wild animal, like a bear."



Older issues of Around the State are also available.

No comments: