Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Some of this week's business changes suggest you should relax and eat a donut

This morning one of my co-workers observed, "There sure are a lot of spas and food places opening in Oregon." I knew she was looking at the latest Around the State! Her comment reminded me that I should share some of the latest business news on the blog.

But when I looked at AtS, I only noticed one new spa:

Christina Day Spa opened in northwest Portland. It offers manicures, pedicures, and waxing services. Neighborhood Notes, 4/6/2011

Okay, and there was also a new place to get a massage:

Tranquil Touch Therapeutic and Restorative Massage opened in Coos Bay. It offers Swedish and deep tissue massage. The World, 3/26/2011

My co-worker was right about the number of new food establishments -- there are quite a few! But regular AtS readers know that there are often a lot of new eats. For some reason I took particular notice of the new sweet eats...

Alder Pastry and Dessert opened in east Portland. It offers desserts, pastries, and gelato. Neighborhood Notes, 4/6/2011

Blooms & Sweets, a flower and candy shop, will open in Bend in May. The Bulletin, 4/9/2011

Henry's Donuts opened in Winston. It employs three people. The News-Review, 4/10/2011

If you want to read about the latest business changes, check out this week's issue of ATS, or use our Around the State search tool.

No comments: